Sunday, June 14, 2009

Speed Scraps and Challenges galore!

I thought I'd share with you some of my recent contributions to the challenges at Stuff to Scrap and Digi-Scraps Drive In. I have so much fun participating in these challenges because they give me incentive and ideas to get my scrapping done.

I've just started to become active at DigiScraps DriveIn. It's a very friendly place and has some wonderful designers as well. Can't wait to get ahold of some of their kits! The first challenge I took part in was the Alphabet Soup challenge. This will be an ongoing challenge, using a different letter each month. Of course, because this is the first month the letter is A! LOL. I submitted one of my favorite layouts that I shared here.

The Go for the Pinks challenge is what they call their color challenge. The challenge changed midstream, and I got my kit done early. The original color scheme was the colors of the new website. Red Dog Designs and Mad Genius Designs created minikits with those colors and I combined them to make this layout that I shared with you here.

The template challenge is called Made in the Shade Challenge (Don't you love the names?) I used the kit 2 Hearts by Stacey Towers and the provided template to make this layout:



I've done 2 speed scraps at STS. The first was a challenge to use multiple photos. I used the kit Mama's Love bySnow Moon Designs.



The next speed scrap challenged me to crop my photos into circles. I'm not so sure I like this layout. I used a hodge-podge of elements and papers. The stitched hearts from Vicki Parker's kit Amelia, the red flower and greenery from Linda Walton's kit Love Lifted Me, all else from Every Everafter Moment Designs kit This Moment. Font is Comic Sans.



The color challenge at STS was to use brown, pink and green. I combined a couple of older kits by DDBN called Jadestone and Chocolate Cherry Blossoms.



I already shared with you my contribution for the song lyric challenge at STS here.

The Use-it-or-Lose-it challenge is fun to do. A freebie mini-kit is provided by one of the STS designers and we are challenged to use every bit of that kit in a layout. Here is what I did with the mini-kit made by Mad Genius Designs. You might recognize the word art!



Come back tomorrow. I have a freebie word art for you. I think you'll like it. I used it on my newest layout featuring The Scrappy Kat's newest kit: Rhinestone Cowgirl. I can't show you the layout just yet, but I think you'll like it.

No comments: