Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bridal Shower

Does anyone remember DigiTreats? She offered up fabulous freebies and fun kits. She quit designing/blogging earlier this year to spend more time with her young family. While I certainly understand that, I do miss her freebies.

Awhile ago, she created a kit called Apples and Aprons and offered a challenge to others to create recipe cards with them. Those cards were offered as .jpeg files for free on her blog. I snagged them up, thinking I'd use them someday. Well that day has come. My nephew is marrying one of my daughter's best friends in a few weeks. We are so excited for them! I decided to use those cards and put some family favorite recipes on them for her. After I did that, I sent them off to CVS to be printed as 4x6 photographs. I bought a cute recipe file box for her to put them in. Here is a sample of what I did:

Credit to Designs by Mel for above

Credit Mariscraps for above

Credit LVD for above

I thought you'd like an idea of other uses for digiscrapping besides just preserving our photo memories.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Super cute cards. I've been toying with the idea of doing this for my baby sis, who just got her first apartment. I love that you had them printed off as photographs! Great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)