Monday, October 19, 2009

It's that time of year!

It's time for spooks and goblins to wander the streets looking for tricks or treats. And I've got the perfect kit to scrap all those photos of your own little spooks and goblins on Halloween.

The Scrappy Kat has a new freebie kit on her blog called Owl O'Ween. Isn't that a cute title? It is a collab she's done with another STS designer, Scrapping Rainbow Designs. I don't have the previews to SRD's portion of the kit, but here is what Katina has:


I'm afraid that I have paper-scrapped almost all of my kids' trick-or-treating days so I was pretty limited in what I could digi-scrap! But I did find this photo of a Halloween costume show my local JoAnne Fabrics had many years ago. I think this is from 1993! I always made my kids' Halloween costumes except for one year. My two youngest begged and begged me to buy them Power Rangers costumes from WalMart. I did, and those costumes lasted long enough to make it through trick-or-treat and then they fell apart. I still have all the costumes I made in a box in the attic, waiting for my future-grandchildren to play dress-up with.

Ahh, but I digress. Here is the layout I made, using portions of the kit from both designers;



Click here to go to The Scrappy Kat's blog to pick up this kit. It's free this week on her blog. She'll direct you to SRD's blog to pick up her portion as well. Don't miss it!

No comments: